This tutorial will show you how to crack Windows administrator password when you forgot it or need to gain access to a computer which is password protected. Most of us have way too many passwords to remember on a daily basis. The worst case scenario is where you forgot Windows administrator password without which it becomes impossible to login to your computer. So here is an excellent password cracking trick.
There are many password cracker tools available on the net which can be used to crack Windows login password, but most of them are useless if the operating system is inaccessible. That's where WindowsUnlocker utility comes in. This software runs on a Live CD or USB drive so you can boot into your computer and crack Windows administrator password on Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP.
1 Create a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive
To get started, you need to create a bootable password cracking CD/USB on an alternative computer. So you can then use it to crack the administrator password on your locked-out computer.
- Click here to download and save the WindowsUnlocker self-extracting Zip file to a folder on your hard drive, then extract the ISO image file: pcunlocker.iso from it.
- Insert a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive on your computer.
- Download and install the ISO2Disc utility, launch the program.
Click the Browse button to locate your ISO image file, then click the Start Burn button to burn the ISO image to your CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
2 Change BIOS Settings
- Boot your locked computer. When it is powered on, check the boot-screen for setup key (i.e. DELETE key, F8 key, F2 key) to enter BIOS Setup Utility.
Use the arrow keys to select the BOOT tab, then change the Boot Device Priority: Set 1st Boot Device to CDROM if you just created a bootable CD or DVD, or set 1st Boot Device to Removable Device if a bootable USB flash drive was created.
- Press F10 to save your changes. Now your computer is able to boot from CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
3 Crack Windows Administrator Password
- Insert the newly burned CD/DVD or USB flash drive to your locked computer, then reboot your computer.
Shortly after the computer boots up from the CD/USB drive, you'll see the WindowsUnlocker screen.
- Simply select your Windows SAM registry hive if multiple operating systems have been installed on the computer, the program will list all Windows user accounts. Select the administrator account from the list, then click the Reset Password button to remove the forgotten password.
- Click the Restart button to reboot the computer, you are able to log into the administrator account without a password.
WindowsUnlocker utility can also be used to crack domain administrator password on Windows Server 2012/2008/2003/2000. So this tool is not only of interest to home users, even enterprise customers could use it when forgetting domain user password.