Locked out of your Windows 8 laptop? Forgot your Windows 8 password of local administrator account or Windows Live account? There are always situations where we are locked out of the computer and need to find a way to get back into Windows. In this tutorial we'll show you how to easily unlock Windows 8 computer in case the administrator account is locked out or disabled, or you simply forgot Windows 8 password.
WindowsUnlocker is the all-in-one password recovery bootdisk which can deal with all of the password problems described above which cause you get locked out of Windows 8 computer. Follow the simple steps and you can unlock Windows 8 user account in minutes.
1 Create A Password Unlocker Boot CD/USB
- Click here to download and save the WindowsUnlocker self-extracting Zip file to an alternative computer, then extract the ISO image file: pcunlocker.iso from it.
- Insert a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive into the computer.
- Download and install the ISO2Disc utility, launch the program.
Click the Browse button to locate your ISO image file, then click the Start Burn button to burn the ISO image to your CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
2 Change BIOS Settings
- Boot your Windows 8 computer. When it is powered on, check the boot-screen for setup key (i.e. DELETE key, F8 key, F2 key) to enter BIOS Setup Utility.
Use the arrow keys to select the BOOT tab, then change the Boot Device Priority: Set 1st Boot Device to CDROM if you just created a bootable CD or DVD, or set 1st Boot Device to Removable Device if a bootable USB flash drive was created.
- Press F10 to save your changes. Now your computer is able to boot from CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
3 Unlock Windows 8 User Account
- Insert the newly burned CD/DVD or USB flash drive to your Windows 8 computer, then reboot your computer.
Now the computer will boot from the password unlocker CD/USB. Wait until the boot process is finished, you'll see the main window of WindowsUnlocker utility.
- Select a user account and then click the Reset Password button. The program will reset your forgotten password and also automatically unlock/enable the user account when it was locked out or disabled.
- Click the Restart button to reboot the computer and remove the password unlocker CD/USB, you can then log into your Windows 8 user account without any hassle.
If you forgot Microsoft account password, just select the local user account which is linked to your Windows Live account and it will unlock both your local account and Microsoft account. Having such a password unlocker CD/USB at hand can be a life saver if your system refuses you to login in case you forgot Windows 8 password or your user account gets locked out accidentally.