Have you ever thought of a situation in which you forgot the administrator password of your Windows system? Well, this is one of the worst situations happens to any Windows user as forgetting the password makes their system inaccessible. Is it possible to recover Windows administrator password without data loss? Luckily there are 2 best ways to help you quickly recover Windows administrator password on Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP.
Method 1: Recover Windows Administrator Password with Ophcrack
Ophcrack is the best free password cracking tool which uses something called "rainbow table" to guess your Windows password. The software runs via Windows installation or on a Live CD, and it can be used to recover forgotten administrator password on Windows 7/Vista/XP.
But there are some limitations that this tool won't work against strong passwords that use many random characters. The cracking process can take some time, depending on the password you are trying to crack. Since the software runs by booting into a Linux environment, you need to know much about Linux to get it to work.
Method 2: Use Professional Windows Password Reset Software
To recover Windows administrator password with a 100% success rate, you need to opt for reliable third-party Windows password recovery software: WindowsUnlocker, which allows you to quickly and easily reset Windows administrator password on Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP. Let's take a look at how you can unlock your computer even if you have forgotten the administrator password.
- Download the self-extracting Zip file of WindowsUnlocker package.
- Unzip the download file, there is an ISO image: pcunlocker.iso. Burn it onto a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive using ISO2Disc or any CD/DVD burning software you like.
- Boot your locked computer from the Windows password reset disk.
- Wait until the boot process is complete. When a window pops up with all your Windows accounts, select the administrator account and then click the Reset Password button.
- It will reset Windows administrator password immediately.
With MicrosoftĂ˘Â€Â™s improved security over the last few years, it became more difficult to recover Windows administrator password. However, you can still use the methods described above to recover forgotten administrator password on Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP.