Forgot Windows 7 password? Get locked out and can't access any files on your computer? In such a situation many computer newbie will choose to restore the computer, but in this way it will delete all your files and reset your machine to the day you bought it. Fortunately, there is a efficient & easy way to reset the password so that you can log into Windows instantly.
WindowsUnlocker is an easy-to-use bootable utility that allows you to reset Windows 10, 8, 7, 2008, Vista, 2003, XP, 2000 password, when your password is lost or forgotten. Here is a simple tutorial guides you to create a bootable USB flash drive and reset your forgotten Windows 7 password:
1 Create a bootable USB flash drive
- Download and save the WindowsUnlocker self-extracting Zip file to a folder on your hard drive, then extract the ISO image file: pcunlocker.iso from it.
- Plug a USB flash drive into the USB port of your computer. Please back up any important files on your USB flash drive before proceeding further.
- Download and install the ISO2Disc utility, launch the program.
Locate the WindowsUnlocker ISO file, then click the Start Burn button to create a bootable USB drive.
2 Change BIOS Settings
- Boot your locked computer. When it is powered on, check the boot-screen for setup key (i.e. DELETE key, F8 key, F2 key) to enter BIOS Setup Utility.
Use the arrow keys to select the BOOT tab, then change the Boot Device Priority: Set 1st Boot Device to Removable Device.
- Press F10 to save your changes.
3 Reset Windows 7 Password with USB
- Plug the newly created USB flash drive into your Windows 7 computer, then reboot the computer.
- After successfully booting from the USB drive, the computer will load the WinPE operating system and start the WindowsUnlocker program after a while.
Simply select your Windows SAM registry hive if multiple operating systems have been installed on the computer, the program will list all Windows user accounts. Select your desired account from the list, then click the Reset Password button to reset the password to blank.
- Click the Restart button to reboot the computer and unplug the USB drive, you are able to log in to Windows 7 system using a blank password.
In addition, WindowsUnlocker utility also enables you to reset forgotten domain administrator password for Windows 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2012 Active Directory servers.